The Advantages of Oilheat
Did you know that oil is actually less expensive than it was ten years ago? That's right. As time moves on, nearly everything we use goes up in price. Yet Oilheat remains a constant, incredible bargain over the
higher prices of natural gas, proving to be the most affordable heating option available. With abundant and safe storage and high production numbers, Oilheat provides you with the best value, safety and security for your heating needs. Simply stated: It's the safe, economical and efficient way to heat.
Top 10 Advantages of Choosing Oilheat *
with 20% renewable soy bean oil. Natural Gas is a fossil fuel with no alternative.
VALUE: A better value than gas heat, oil heat has had nine straight years of lower pricing.
SAVINGS: You'll save up to 25% AND MORE in heating and hot water costs by upgrading to a new Oilheat system.
EFFICIENCY: Flame retention head oil burners operate at TOP PERFORMANCE with clean combustion.
CLOSE TO NO EMISSIONS: Oil burner particulate emissions are approaching near-zero levels.
SAFETY: Before releasing dangerous and invisible carbon monoxide, an oil system will warn you with smoke, soot or an odor. Gas heat equipment gives no warning of the production of this toxic gas.
UNDERSTANDABLE BILLING: Oilheat bills are easy to comprehend, while gas bills contain "mystery" costs, such as gas adjustments and warm weather adjustments.
SUPPLIER CHOICES: Oil heat offers you a choice of many suppliers.
PERSONAL SERVICE: You'll enjoy personalized service from your fuel oil provider, who knows you and your heating system.
SECURITY: Fuel oil is not explosive and fumes are not fatal, as is the case with natural gas.
Ultra-Low Sulfur Heating Oil
Your heating oil is better than ever!
In 2010, New York State approved a switch to ultra-low sulfur heating oil (ULSHO), which reduces sulfur content in the fuel by 99%. The law went into effect on July 1, 2012.
ULTRA-LOW SULFUR HEATING OIL BENEFITS:
- Heating equipment that runs on ULSHO lasts longer and requires less maintenance.
- Using ULSHO could also increase your heating system’s efficiency. And, according to the Consumer Energy Council of America, ULSHO reduces emissions by over 70% compared to traditional heating fuel.
- You don’t need to make any modifications to your burner, boiler, furnace, tank or any heating system component in order to use ULSHO.
- ULSHO can be blended with renewable, eco-friendly Bioheat® to create the cleanest home heating fuel in the USA. Combine that with the latest advanced burners, and emissions are reduced even further!
* FUEL FACT:
Did you know that, in New York State, Oilheat has been a better value than gas heat for 15 of the last 20 years?
- Source: Energy Information Agency
Need more information on the advantages of safe, clean, dependable Oilheat?
Please call our customer relations department at 1-800-642-3646.